We’re always on the lookout for creative, self-directed, clever individuals to join our team. If you think you fit the bill, we’d love to hear from you.
Take a look at the open positions below. To apply, send your application materials (specified for each role) to firstname.lastname@example.org — indicating the position you’re applying for in the subject line of your email.
ArtPrize is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Manager of Finance & Business
Are you ready to join a dynamic, innovative not-for-profit whose mission is to produce open citywide contemporary art experiences?
ArtPrize has an opening for a Manager of Finance & Business who will manage all aspects of the finances and human resources of ArtPrize. This includes but is not limited to managing the budget, A/R, A/P, year-end filings, monthly financial statements, payroll processing, employee files, legal documentation, company and employee insurance. This position will be based at the ArtPrize office in Grand Rapids, Michigan and report to the ArtPrize Executive Director.
The successful candidate will have in-depth experience:
- Create a yearly budget and manage throughout the year
- Administer bi-weekly payroll
- Enter all A/R and A/P
- Prepare month end financial packet including but not limited to, budget to actual profit and loss statement, bank account reconciliation, A/R and A/P detail, summary of other non-recurring transactions
- Administer health insurance, life insurance and other such plans
- Administer company insurance including by not limited to general liability, workers comp, Director and Officer
- Administer the 401(k) plan
- Responsible for monthly credit card reconciliation, providing needed documentation and employee sign off on credit card expenses
- Forward thinking as multiple approvals are needed and the board meets quarterly
- Manage physical cash, accurately recording balance and timely deposits of surplus
- Manage checking account cash flow
- Monthly budget updates for directors of organization
- Provide all needed documentation for year-end audit
- Create new hire packets for all new hires and verify that all needed information is returned and filed in employee file
Additionally, the successful candidate will have:
- Minimum of 5 years of direct industry experience and proficient in Quickbooks;
- CPA preferable, but not required;
- Excellent organizational skills and a systematic approach;
- Superior communication skills — written, verbal and visual;
- Ability to work productively with a variety of people through a collaborative approach;
- A creative, hands-on, goal orientated work ethic;
- Working knowledge of modern office software and fundraising databases;
- Capacity to train, motivate, and review direct reporting staff if applicable;
- Passion for the mission of ArtPrize.
ArtPrize offers an excellent office environment with compensation and benefits, including:
- Competitive wages based on experience, education, etc.
- Health benefits, HSA and life insurance
- Short and long-term disability insurance
- 401k retirement with employer match
- Professional training opportunities
- Paid parking
- Full-time, salaried
- Bachelor’s degree (Required)
- The position is available now with active engagements beginning in May 2019.
- Please submit a complete resume with a detailed cover letter to email@example.com that briefly shares why you are applying for this position and why you are a candidate to consider.
Learn more about ArtPrize and its history of engaging 500,000+ visitors each fall in Grand Rapids, Michigan since 2009.
Download the full job description.