UPDATE (4/3/19): This position is now closed.
Exciting news! We’re adding to our design team for the Project 1 season. Our Design Assistant will serve as a principal member of the ArtPrize design team, assisting the Design Lead and working closely with the amazing team at Conduit Studio.
Do you have a couple years of graphic design experience under your belt? Are you passionate about compelling, thoughtful design completed on deadline? Do you feel most at home when immersed in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign?
We’d love to hear from you. Take a look at the position description below and then send your cover letter, resume and a link to your portfolio to email@example.com by April 3.
Position Title: Design Assistant
Pay: $10,000 stipend
- Work closely and directly with the ArtPrize Design Lead, design studio and communications coordinator to develop concepts and solutions for design projects.
- Implement brand standards and expand them consistently across various formats ranging from editorial to wayfinding to web.
- Manage event guide content including: text, photography, logos, advertisements and a database of artists, entries and venues.
- Receive and implement regular art direction and critique from the Design Lead.
- Participate in regular check-ins with design team.
- Work with the Development Team to provide proper recognition of ArtPrize Sponsors.
- Provide organized, production-ready files to printers.
- Work well under tight timelines and maintain an organized filing system.
Hours: This is a seasonal position for the Project 1 by ArtPrize season only. Please make note of these dates and hours: May 1-October 6, 2019 at 30 hours per week.
Location: ArtPrize office in downtown Grand Rapids, MI
We’re looking for someone who:
- Has 1-3 years of experience in graphic design
- Has a proven record of success in a deadline-driven environment
- Has expertise in working with Adobe Creative Suite software, particularly InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Has experience working in multi-page layouts and using guides.
- Has experience working with established brands and brand guidelines.
- Can communicate clearly, both written and oral.
- Has excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Is able to be flexible, creative and persistent in your approach to work.
- Is able to manage uncertainty, rapid change, ambiguity, surprises and a less-defined work environment – all with a positive attitude.
- Is able to work flexible hours including occasional evening hours.
Apply: Applications for this role are no longer being accepted.
Application deadline: April 3, 2019