UPDATE: This position has been filled.
It’s that time of year again! We’re currently searching for our latest Project 1 team member — a Communications Assistant who will play an invaluable role on our seasonal team. This role interfaces with media representatives, responds to requests for information and assets, prepares spokespeople for interviews, manages social media strategy and implementation, as well as creates and deploys content through blog and email marketing platforms, and more.
Are you a communications, journalism or marketing student, or a recent graduate? Are you passionate about compelling, thoughtful content completed on deadline? Do you feel most at home when immersed in a writing project, a well-organized spreadsheet or a curated social feed?
Hooray! We want to hear from you — please apply.
And if not, will you share this job opportunity with your friends who are of the friendly, organized, social media-loving variety? The ones who would thrive in a position like this?
Position Title: Communications Assistant
Pay: $15 per hour
- Create content for the Project 1 blog and e-newsletter
- Respond to information and digital content requests from media
- Coordinate media interviews for Project 1 spokespeople
- Draft press release and media advisories
- Facilitate relationship with national PR firm, including the planning and execution of a national media tour
- Execute the Project 1 social media strategy and manage our editorial calendar
- Oversee sponsor and exhibitions social media activations
- Attend events to capture and share live content
- Track and act on social media analytics and industry best practices
- Capture and edit photos for social media content as needed
- Provide editorial assistance to the Project 1 team as needed, for projects including but not limited to Event Guide and Exhibitions Catalogue
Hours: This is a seasonal position for the Project 1 by ArtPrize season only. Please make note of the dates and hours below:
- May 28-31: 20 hours (training / onboarding)
- June 3-October 13: 40 hours / week
- October 14-27: 20 hours / week
Location: ArtPrize office in downtown Grand Rapids, MI
We’re looking for a person who:
- Has experience writing press releases and communicating with media representatives
- Has experience managing brand social media accounts
- Understands both organic and paid social media growth tactics
- Is extremely organized
- Is a self-starter/motivated
- Is well-written
- Is able to work flexible hours, including occasional evenings and weekends
- Is flexible, creative and persistent in their approach to work
- Is able to manage uncertainty, rapid change, ambiguity, surprises and a less-defined work environment – all with a positive attitude
- Has basic photography and photo editing skills
To Apply: No longer accepting applications.
Application Deadline: This position has been filled.